Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Results Driven Radio" - My Brother On Radio


Ciao a tutti,

I can't tell you what a thrill it was to turn on the radio in my car while driving one night and hear my brother on radio for the first time. Of course I knew he was going to be on but I had to be on the road during that time so I got to listen to him on the radio in my car. In fact I arrived where I was going and stayed in the car listening until the program was over, not just because he was my brother, but because I was truly interested in what he had to say. Though I was late for my appointment, everyone understood, in fact I had told them to listen.

My brother is Anthony Vultaggio and the show is called Results Driven Radio based on his experience as executive coach, business consulting practice, and his personal beliefs. I was listening to it on KRLA 870 AM in Los Angeles, or you can listen to it on the net at the stations website, http://krla870.townhall.com/ at 9 to 10 PM every Saturday. And if the caller and advertiser interest is any indication, you will probably be able to hear it in your car radio in any town across the US soon.

I didn't have to search too hard for the Italian connection to write this post on my web log, him being my brother, of course. His show, though, is not about being Italian but has more to do with being American and living true to the some of the values upon which this Country was founded.

Of course, I must say that many of the values that this Country of ours was founded on were Italian values because Italians influenced the Constitution, The Declaration of Independence and other documents and laws, but that is topic for another discussion, maybe even for my brother's show.

But I will say this much, the phrase "'All men are created equal,' is arguably the best-known phrase in any of America's political documents, as the idea it expresses is generally considered the foundation of American democracy. It was suggested by the Italian immigrant, patriot and pamphleteer Philip Mazzei and later incorporated into the opening of the American Declaration of Independence by Thomas Jefferson who paraphrased the writing of his close friend Philip Mazzei." The phrase has further continued to be immortalized by such luminaries as Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King and Elizabeth Cady Stanton to name a few. The above quote is from Wikipedia where you can find more information on the subject at this direct link

Having said that, back to Anthony's radio show. I have sat, either in my car or on the net listening to my brother's new show now for the past couple weeks and learned quite a bit about what is going on in America and the world, as he sees it. I also learned so much about what he knows and has learned through the years. I think it is interesting when families get together how sometimes we like to stay away from topics of "work," because we are trying to take some time off from "work," and be with our families, right?

Well, it has been interesting to me to learn more about my brother through his "work," than some of the fun conversations we have during family get togethers, as much as I enjoy those fun and usually funny conversations.

I grabbed this image and the following blurb off his website. I found it interesting what he has to offer and thought I would share it here for those of us who are trying to figure out our "work" life, or for that matter, for those of us who are trying to "work" things out in our social and family life.

If you find this interesting, you can go to his website at www.ResultsDrivenRadio.com and learn more or hear his past radio shows in the archives.

Here are just a few of the topics Anthony Vultaggio address for companies and organizations.

Seven Simple Strategies for Strategic Planning. The key to succeeding in business and life is developing and maintaining a strategic plan. If the mere idea of this gives you indigestion, this is the seminar for you. The secret to simplifying this seemingly daunting task lies in employing a systematic framework. With a clear, no-nonsense approach to planning, Anthony shows you how to cut through the red-tape that stops most and illustrates methodologies you can use to tackle virtually any issue and map a plan for success.


Conflict Management 101. Using real-world examples, Anthony addresses conflict management and offers real solutions to improve business and personal relationships. Anthony also discusses ways to promote business sustainability using corporate and entrepreneurial management strategies.

Beating the Partnership Blues. Have you ever wondered why some partnerships flounder while others flourish? The secret lies in their communication strategies. Using proven techniques Anthony shows how to overcome the common mistakes made in all partnerships. Topics covered include dividing responsibilities, setting goals, and effective conflict resolution.

Come to think of it, maybe I just learned something else, maybe we should bring out work into our family, he, he?

In bocca al lupo Anthony with your new show, much success!

Filippo

P.S. Now talking about "results," my show is about the good things that Italians represent, not necessarily everything else. The way I see it all cultures, races, religions etc. have something good to offer. Why not take the good and learn from it and live happier, healthier, more fulfilling lives from all the "good" and learnings we have collected from others mistakes. So with that in mind, there are some things that Italians may not do as well or do it "differently," than some others think is best or efficient. Here is a comical look at that in an animated video by Bruno Bozzetto about some of the "differences" between Italians and Europeans, as he seems them. (Non Spoken)

No comments: