Sunday, October 15, 2006

Finding My Italian Connection - Mona Lisa

Ciao a tutti,

I know it seems like I have a lot of fun, and I do. I enjoy everything I do and everyone I do it with. Most of them are Italians or Italian-Americans, what's not to enjoy. I actually enjoy people from all walks of life, but it just seems that I spend more time with people of Italian decent. We just find each other, I wonder why? He, he.

And I wonder, should I write about the people that I meet and the things that I do that are not Italian related in anyway? In a way this Blog is about me but I really want it to be about as many things Italian that it can be. So, I am working on developing the Blog and still working on the concept and how it will serve you and me and all involved.

Like this week for example. First of all, I do get around, and I do have fun, and sometimes it seems like I am out every night painting the town, and sometimes indeed I am. But after a while it catches up and I have to take some time to myself and to my catch up work.

And like I didn't already have enough to do, I started this Blog, he, he. So, this week I lay low and stayed at home working from my computer and doing all the stuff that you don't care to read about, I am sure. So I won't write about it. Write about it or not, it is stuff that needs to get done and right now, I am the one to do most of it.

But I did take time to go to one party thrown by Barbara Dickson, owner of Bedfellows Furniture, at her beautiful home in Studio in honor of a friend of mine's, 50th, 40th, or was it 30th Birthday, he, he? He is Raspin Stuwart and that is him and I pictured above.

Though the name does not reflect it, Raspin is a fellow Italian-American, a fellow singer, songwriter, musician, and owner and editor of a few popular Magazines here in Los Angeles, including Boulevard. You can check out his CD at Raspin Stuwart on Amazon.com. One of his songs is going to be in a new big budget movie coming out soon. I have been sworn to secrecy about the song and the movie until it is "a wrap," "in the can," "signed, sealed, delivered," but as soon as I can share it I will.

So I started to say before, "Like this week for example," what do I write about, and is it appropriate for this "Italian-American Experience" Blog? Because, for example, here I was at this party and I got to meet Carushka, the celebrated designer of the world's sexiest sports bras, dance wear, yoga clothing and fitness apparel.

Her and I instantly hit it off. She was there with one of her new designers and co-partner, Shawn, in a new line of couture clothing, Etu Couture. That is Carushka and I pictured below to the right and Carushka, Shawn and I pictured below.

We started talking about the line and of a possible "Filippo" design, and that got my attention. We then raided the back of her car and I got to wear some of these one of a kind originals during the party. Ironically, I had gone to the party in Hugo Boss, but somehow Carushka seemed much more fitting, he, he, pun intended, because everything I wore was body hugging and very comfortable.

So, I ask myself, okay, so I was at a party for an Italian-American, and I got to enjoy the company of a famous designer. But she is not in anyway Italian. So, do I not write about it? I don't know, I'll figure it out as this Blog unfolds, stay tuned.

By the way, here is a picture of the back of me on the right showing off the detail on the back of the Etu Couture jacket that I wore over the Etu Couture shirt. Click on the picture above and look at the detail work on Carushka's jacket, that she was wearing backwards for effect, incidentally.

That is a Swarovski crystal mosaic recreating the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci all placed by hand, now that is a work of art. Wait a minute, that's it, Leonardo Da Vinci and the Mona Lisa, I found my Italian connection!

It's back to work I go!

Filippo

P.S. Here is a YouTube video clip of the trailer to the 1970 film "Boccaccio '70" (English Voice over)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog. I feel as though you are commentating your life and presenting a tour of your experiences through your own eyes. It's like I am there with you as I read about you. You are truly a great writer.