Sunday, October 08, 2006

From the Beauty of Rome to the Beauty of an Italian Woman

Ciao a tutti,

Well, I just got back from Rome. Incidentally, my trip was too short. I didn't evenN get to leave the city. I had planned a trip to Milan where I was to interview an amazing author there and do all kinds of other things, but the time just got away from me. Besides, there is a whole different pace there. I don't really drink coffee, at least not as a rule. But "When In Rome," so I would get up, have my espresso, la di da, di, da, and before you knew it, it was time for lunch. A little wine with lunch and before you knew it..., no, I did work, really.

So, I got back, and to tell you the truth, if it wasn't for this beautiful young lady, I might have changed my ticket and stayed. But I have been trying to get an interview with this beauty for a long time, three months to be exact. Between her travel schedule and mine it just wasn't happening. So, when I had her finally scheduled, I wasn't going to miss my chance.

For those of you who don't know her, she is Tanya Memme, TV Host, TV Personality, Model, Actress, Model, Author, Inspirational Speaker, and the list goes on. Plus, I could add a few personal notes as well after having met her. For starters she is really funny, as you can tell from the picture of her here with Chef Richard. He hates that I posted this by the way, but I am sure he will find a way to get me back.

The interview was only supposed to last a half hour, but somehow it just kept going longer and longer. Poor thing, I heard her on the phone canceling appointments telling people that she was tied up in an interview. I felt guilty, sort of, but I just couldn't tear myself away. After all, I had flown all the way from Rome to be with her, he, he.

Two hours later we finally had the interview. Now, I don't know what you all are thinking, I was with Richard and we were all business. But can I help it if my business is fun? Anyway, you all know her from A&E's "Sell This House," and "Move This House," and Canada's Entertainment Tonight, and many things actually. But you will get to know here in a really wonderful personal way when you hear this great interview that she did for us.

I figure, I better put this picture in just to keep peace on the set between Chef Richard and I.
The backdrop by the way is Tanya's beautiful home. Figures, when you know learn about her family background, after hearing the interview, and when you know what she does on her shows, of course her home would be spectacular. As a matter of fact, this is Tanya's kitchen with beautiful spanish tiling and hand painted ceiling, etc. You will see the kitchen again because when we tape for our TV Show, she already invited us back to cook with her in her kitchen. Incidentally, up until now, all of our guests have been either Italian or Italian-American. Tanya will be our first Italian-Canadian guest. Aye?

Tanya is a class act and a genuine person and it was a privilege to have done this interview with her. I hope you all enjoy hearing it, when we air it in a month or so, as much as we enjoyed recording it. Learn more about her by visiting our website, once we get it up there, at www.FilippoandtheChef.com and of course her's at www.TanyaMemme.com.

Grazie Tanya!

Con Affetto,

Filippo

P.S. Here is a Youtube video clip of a homage to the Italian film maker Federico Fellini. It is a retrospective of his life, his movies, his leading ladies and leading men, in photo montage. (No Dialog, Only Music)

No comments: