Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Everybody Wants to Be Italian" - World Premier Film in Hollywood



Ciao a tutti,

I was invited to the premier of the film "Everybody Wants To Be Italian" at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood the other night. I went with Chef Richard my co-host in the Filippo and the Chef show, and his wife, Elaine.

We all had a great time because not only was the film really well done and enjoyable we got to meet most of the actors before on the red carpet and afterwards at the reception. I would recommend the movie to anyone, young and young at heart.

When the crowd around Actress and Model Marisa Petroro cleared, I got to chat with her a minute. It is amazing how her look completely changes with her hair straight compared to how she had it in the last post at the Feast of San Gennaro. Regardless, all her looks work really well if you ask me, or if you ask anyone for that matter.

In the movie she reminded me of an Italian movie actress from days gone by, she had that kind of a look and comportment, that was so beautiful to see.

All the actors were very good, and the lead, Jay Jablonski, I kept thinking he had to be Italian. I got to speak with him after the show, and that's him and I pictured above. But it turns out he is half Italian. I expect to see him in many, many more movies as the lead after this.

He was that good as was the beautiful co-star Cerina Vincent who also sported another sexy look other than the one in the movie. That is her pictured at the top of the post with Jason Ipson and I.


I complimented the director Jason Todd Ipson for a great job. He even got Penny Marshall to step into a cameo role. I told him that Penny had told me to tell him that she wanted to see a copy of the film since she wasn't going to be able to make the premier. I hope she got it and liked it as much as we all did.

Pictured below is actress Judith Scarpone who is and was a mother character on and off screen as you can see in these pictures.


Following are pictures of some more of the cast including John Enos III and Zak Lee as well as some friends like actor Ed Lauter and of course, Chef Richard himself.



























P.S. Enjoy this short clip I got off of Youtube.com of the premier reception of "Everybody Wants to Be Italian."

1 comment:

Chus said...

This is what I think: Penny Marshall