Sunday, October 07, 2007

It's Italian Festa Time in Los Angeles - Feast of San Gennaro LA (Part 2)

Ciao a tutti,

Today I learned something very interesting, how to put captions under pictures. This could prove very important to me. The question now is, will I allow the pictures to speak their proverbial "thousand words," for themselves, or will I still feel compelled to write a thousand words or so, and risk being too verbose, or worse, redundant.

The other choice I might make is to post a thousand pictures. How many words does that make?
That's a million words, right?

Better yet, in regard to this particular post, I not only have the pictures and the new know-how of how to add captions, but I also have a short video of Chef Richard and I having fun with some of our friends, old and new, performing the live version of our Filippo and the Chef Radio show on the Jimmy Kimmel Live stage of the Feast of San Gennaro in Los Angeles this past week.

So, I have decided to let the pictures do the talking, as well as the video below and wish you all a happy browsing.

But I just have to say one thing, Penny Marshall pictured with me here was sooo sweet. Well, so was Tanya and Marisa and Joan Kimmel, Jimmy Kimmel's Mom, who won't be pictured because I don't have a picture with her but you can see her cooking with Chef Richard and I on the video.

But Penny was just as funny as you would have expected her to be. She had a busy rehearsal schedule that day but she came out to the Feast in the middle of her work day just to celebrate her Italian heritage with us, and make us all laugh.

And incidentally, yes, she is Italian-American. Hear her tell you herself in the video below. I just had to post all these pictures of her because her expressions are priceless.

And speaking of video, wait, one more thing. I have to mention Pat Battistini. It's because of him that we have such a cool video. He is a writer/ director/ producer/ editor and you can learn more about him at Hoosier Daddy Films. Incidently he is also an actor, you might recognize his face from the picture I posted here but you can check out his reel by clicking here.

Thank you all for helping make this years Feast of San Gennaro LA so memorable for all of us, especially Chef Richard and myself.
I guess that answered that, I still had to write a lot of words. He, he.

Filippo

P.S. If you cannot watch the video on this post, you can always go to www.Youtube.com and Search "Filippo and the Chef," or actually, just click on the following link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8pJg2S-tco







Me Dancing with Actress and Model, Marisa Petroro





Me with Australian-Italian Singer Alfio






Actress and TV Host Tanya Memme Cooking with Chef Richard and I





Dean Martin's Son Ricci Martin and I Backstage.






KTLA News Reporter, Kim Rouggie (left) and KTLA Weather Anchor and former Miss USA 1994, Lu Parker, (right) and I





A Group we affectionately called "Filippo and the CHEFS" was a huge hit at the festival. The singing Doo Wop Group was comprised of Actors Bobby Costanzo and Johnny Capodice, Chef Richard Lombardi and myself





Me singing to Actress and TV Host Tanya Memme





Me enjoying a Zeppole (Photo taken by Photographer Tricia Wall)





Chef Richard Lombardi on stage with TV Hosts Mark DeCarlo and Marisa Petroro





Chef Richard and I





Australian-Italian Singer Alfio and I





Soprano Autumn Scarlett and I






Ricci Martin and I





Comedian Mike Marino and Chef Richard dancing while I was singing





A young Festival Performer and I





TV Host Mark DeCarlo and Actress and Model Marisa Petroro and I





Actor Mario Macaluso, Comedian Mike Marino, Chef Richard and I





Marisa Petroro and I at the Filippo and the Chef Booth





TV Host Tanya Memme, Chef Richard and I





KTLA TV News Reporter Kim Rouggie and I




Musician/Composer Marco Missinato performing during our Live Show




TV Host Tanya Memme and I





Chef Richard with cooking with Actor Mario Macaluso





The Filippo and the Chef Show Stage with TV Host Tanya Memme, Chef Richard, Musician/Composer Marco Missinato and me.





Actress Model Marisa Petroro and I





Me

No comments: