Monday, November 05, 2007

The Order of Sons of Italy in America Grand Lodge of California - Gala at the Americana Lodge


Ciao a tutti,

I was invited by Annette Zappia of the OSIA Americana Lodge and by Comedian and host Mike Marino to sing a song in honor of Joseph La Banca State President of the OSIA at a dinner held in La Habra. It was a beautiful affair and so wonderful to see so many people I knew and had seen in so long. I used to sing at so many local Order of Sons of Italy events and it felt so nice to be there.

I was also in good company, Mike did a great job as host and of course funny as ever. Then Autumn Scarlett was also there to sing a song for the occasion. I had recently met Autumn at the Los Angeles San Gennaro Festival where we both performed. Her with her own solo show and I with Chef Richard and the "Filippo and the Chef" Show.

Of course I couldn't just sing one song. And I don't think they really wanted me to just sing one song, could they have?

No I am sure not, because if that was the case, they wouldn't have invited me back for a whole show in March. And of course I said yes, and I am looking forward to it. It is called Filippo and Friends featuring Mike Marino and Special Guest Singer Laura De Leon.

Rumor has it that Chef Richard might even make an appearance.

It will be held on March 30, 2008, and you can click on the flyer to see more information about the show. Hope to see more of my friends I haven't seen in a long time.

A presto,

Filippo

P.S. Mike Marino has an already popular new DVD out on the market called "Live at the Paramount." You can purchase one at www.MikeMarino.net Here is a short clip of it posted on Youtube.com. (In English)

No comments: