Monday, November 26, 2007

Saving The Best For Last - The Hon. Nancy Pelosi


Ciao a tutti,

A month ago I wrote about the NIAF (National Italian American Foundation) Convention and Gala and posted all kinds of pictures taken of me at the event with all kinds of people. There was one picture however that didn't make it to me and therefore my blog post until just now. It is of the Hon. Nancy Pelosi, which is a person who is pretty high up there on the Who's Who in the world at the moment, and that is why I titled this post "Saving The Best For Last."

I think in fact it is quite appropriate that I dedicate this post solely to Nancy for many reasons. Besides holding the third highest office in America and besides her being the first in line to the Presidency should something happen to the President and the Vice-President, she is Italian-American. She where I was going with this.

But I remember talking to some people who thought she was Italian by marriage, because of her husbands last name. In fact, she was born Nancy D'Alessandro to a very Italian family. In a video made by NIAF shown at the Gala before her being honored, I myself was happy to see how much we had in common about growing up Italian-American.

So, here's to Nancy and all that she has done and all that she will do for herself, her family, Italian-Americans, Americans, the U.S. and the World.

Filippo

P.S. Here is a clip of the video I mentioned above as was shown at the NIAF Gala and posted do on Youtube. (In English)

No comments: