Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Holiday Season Is Upon Us - Time For Christmas Music


Ciao a tutti,

As we get ready for the Holiday Season people are getting out their Holiday decorations and their music that they probably haven't heard for a year. I say probably, because if anyone is like me, then they have heard heard a bit of Christmas music since then. I myself listen to Christmas music every once in a while, just because. But, in my case, I at least have an excuse, as a singer, I am reviewing music all the time.

But come to think of it, why do we need an excuse to listen to Christmas music "off-season?" Technically, isn't Christmas music about love and hope and peace and.... That being the case, wouldn't it even be a good idea to be listen to Christmas music all year round?

Well, regardless, tis the season, and I am looking forward to hearing some of my old Christmas favorites and some new ones by new artists and some of my friends and acquaintances.

In fact here is a CD I haven't heard yet from an acquaintance who gifted me her two latest CDs and one of them is a Christmas one called "December." The other CD is called "The Best Is Yet To Come."

I had to include an image of her CD here because it must be her as a little girl standing in front of a Christmas Tree dressed in a Cowgirl outfit, and she looks adorable.

The, now grown up singer, is Joyce Garro and she has quite an interesting story. To begin with, she was the youngest member of "The Golddiggers," from "The Dean Martin Show."

She heralds originally from Chicago but started out her professional singing career here in Los Angeles. Besides the Dean Martin show she has appeared on the "Mike Douglas Show," and "The Tonight Show." As part of "The Golddiggers" she got to tour in concerts all over the world including Monte Carlo, Acapulco, Montreal, Las Vegas, New York, Chicago, and of course Los Angeles.

One one of the tours she got to perform with both Dean and Frank Sinatra. Imagine what a thrill that must have been and what stories she must have. We run into each other at many events and actually shared the stage a couple times but have never had the opportunity to sit down and relay those stories.

Someday I hope to do that, but in the meantime, I am looking forward to at the very least, hearing her sing on these two CDs. For more information or to get a CD, contact Loving Heart Music at JoyceGarro@pacbell.net.

P.S. I found this video on Youtube.com of Dean Martin and the Golddiggers doing their thing on an episode of the Dean Martin Show. I can't tell if Joyce was part of this Episode but maybe she can comment on this post and fill us in. (In English)

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I was at the Addison Fest in Addison, IL on August 23rd amd saw Joyce Garro perform and thought she was wonderful and would like to know where I can purchase one of her CD's. I think she sings so beautiful, like an angel.

Joyce Garro said...

Hi Sandy,
Thank you for your touching compliment! You can purchase CD's through "Dolores the Florist"
773-745-7200 in Chicago. I should have my website finally up by October 1, joycegarro.com and can be reached~joycegarro@pacbell.net
The Addison Fest was sure fun!
Peace and Blessings!
Joyce

Joyce Garro said...

Thank you to my dear and talented friend Filippo! I so appreciate your artistic support and encouragement. Have a great live event tonight! How happy I was to be a special part of your first LA event!
con amore!
Joyce Garro