Friday, December 01, 2006

Bella, Bella, Bella - All the Goddesses


Ciao a tutti,

Tonight I was invited to a party in the Hollywood Hills by the beautiful Italian actress Valentina Castellani, known for her work both here and in Italy. This is a picture of Valentina and I.

When I got to the party, it was like stepping into a party somewhere in either Italy or England. In fact, the party was for the Birthday of the beautiful British pop sensation Zoe Scott, who was also celebrating the release of her latest CD "beautiful to be alive."
This is Zoe Scott and below is her new CD cover. I find her music fresh and bubbly and real, like her. Many of you know how growing up I listened to my parents' record collection which was nothing but Italian music and therefore my current shows and CD have lots of Italian influences, styles and songs reflected in them.

Well, it was interesting to learn how Zoe and her sister listened to their Father's record collection which was nothing but American Rock music. And so her music and career reflects those influences but with a style that is all her own.

You have to hear Track 4 on the CD called "Planet Love." She is so much about love, and bringing people together and doing the right thing, and all that stuff that makes people happy to be alive, or as she puts it, "beautiful to be alive."

More power to her!

By the way, below is a picture of Zoe's sister Victoria and I, who is also Zoe's manager. I have to explain. Many of the women got the memo, evidently, to dress in honor of the Goddess, or to dress like your favorite Goddess, or something like that. So, this is Victoria not wearing very much except lots of gold paint, honoring the Goddess of I am not sure what, maybe the sexy Goddess.

So I started off by saying that walking into this party was like walking into a party in either Italy or England. Everyone there was either speaking Italian or English, but when I say English, I mean "The Queens English." It was so cool to hear the accents. Then of course there were the Italians speaking English with their own Italian accents.

The other thing that made it a very European party was that there was music with a DJ and lots of people were dancing and having a good time. The cool thing about European parties is if you feel like dancing, you dance. You don't have to dance with anyone in particular or anyone at all for that matter. And if you and your "mate" as the English say, feel like dancing, you just go out there and dance. I tell you, we have lots we can learn from the Italians.

I instead felt like eating so I went straight to the long table filled with all kinds of Italian food that Valentina had prepared, and ate away. I have to have Valentina on our Filippo and the Chef show so she can teach me how she made a couple of the dishes.

Well, beautiful girls and Goddesses weren't the only people at this party, there were also some men other than myself, and I got to meet a few I had only heard or read about, like the young but already prolific award winning Italian Film Director
Alessio Della Valle.

We talked about his latest project that sounds really interesting and is just about done. I promised not to talk about it now if he promised to come on our show when he was ready to release the movie. And we had a deal. See, that's how Hollywood works, deals, he, he. Here we are with him on the left, my right, okay, the Italian looking one, and the movie's DP on my left. That is , the movie I am not supposed to talk about.

Here we are pictured with an up and coming Director Gabriela Tscherniak of Cohen Sisters entertainment. In this picture it looks like she had taken a liking to Alessio, and yes that happens I suppose quite often, but I have to say, this was the third of three pictures we took, this one came out the best. But in the other two, her head was leaning on my shoulder, okay!

You can go to Gabriela's website to download a trailer of her latest film "Berlin Nights," about the partying habits of German youth.


Later on in the evening I was introduced to the beautiful Photojournalist Pina Di Cola, who should be in front of a camera and not just behind one. Now you may not know her by name but you know her work.

When you are looking at a magazine stand and all the flashy, sexy, intriguing covers of the Italian magazines catch your eye... or those of you who read magazines like "Chi," "Gente," and "Dipiu," well, Pina is the photojournalist that takes those pictures on the cover, and more.

Finally at the end of the evening, or should I say morning, because it was 1 AM I was literally at the valet in front of the house waiting for my car when these four Italian men jumped out of a little car. I tell you, this party was just like being in Italy.

They were just getting to the party and I made some kind of comment in Italian about how this was so Italian to arrive at a party at 1 AM. Well, they got a kick out of that and we stood there and chatted for awhile before I decided to have the last picture taken before I had to call it a night.

I don't even know who they were, but they were all Italian, straight from Italy. If anyone can identify these men, let me know and I will gladly list their names. That's it folks, I gotta work tomorrow.

Buona Notte,

Filippo

P.S. Here is a clip from Youtube.com of an interview with Zoe Scott. (In English, the "Queen's English")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Filippo ,
It's wonderful to hear your experience of this fantastic evening and it was a pleasure to have your charming self with us !
Best wishes,
Victoria

Zoe Scott said...

It was a fantastic evening, you should have seen my house afterwards it looked like a herd of elephants ran through !
It was great to meet you, love Zoe x