Saturday, December 02, 2006

Harley-Davidson Party - Italian Style

Ciao a tutti,

I don't think I am going to get in the habit of blogging about the private events where I am invited to perform because most of them are pretty high profile clients and that doesn't seem like it would be appropriate. But in this case, I think it is very appropriate and I had the client's permission to blog away.

As a matter of fact, here Chef Richard and I are pictured with the Host of the evening, and owner of the dealership, Ray Malzo..

This is a Harley-Davidson Dealership,
the Orange County Harley-Davidson Dealership in Irvine, to be exact, that had their annual Holiday party IN THE DEALERSHIP, and invited 350 of their closest high profile friends and clients. It was a very cool event, and everything was Italian Style, complete with catered Italian food and desserts, like cannoli!

I was invited as the Italian entertainment, and requested to do my act, complete with stories about growing up Italian-American and Italian songs. None of my friends believed me so I had to blog about it. Actually, I think they just couldn't picture me doing a Harley-Davidson event.

All I have to say to them is "picture this, Ms. Karen Davidson herself and I hitting it off quite nicely, thank you very much." Karen's grandfather started the company with Mr. Harley and now she designs many of the Harley-Davidson clothes, among other things.

Here is one of her designs on one of the many models hired that night to model the clothes during a fashion show exhibition.

I tell you this was some party and a great time was had by all.

In the picture below is Ray's beautiful wife Rhonda who was the hostess with the mostest, coordinating the whole event and the models etc. Pictured also are Ray Malzo, Karen Davidson, myself, and Elaine Lombardi, Chef Richard's lovely wife.

And for those friends who might have doubted how well I was going to be received by the HD gang, below is a picture of one of my newest fans and I.

As she left the party I saw her ride off on her own Hog, No joke, WOW!

And I heard her exclaim as she "rode" out of sight...


"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!"



Filippo

P.S. There are a lot of Italian connections with Harley-Davidson actually, and someday maybe we will get into them. But in the meantime here is a video of a Hogger in Italy doing what is "affectionately" called an "ass burnout" on his Italian flag adorned Harley.


No comments: