Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Every Italian Has A Story - And Knows How To Tell It!


Ciao a tutti,

Everyday, more and more, I am astonished as to how many Italian-Americans have made it to the top of their field in so many areas of life, career, business, etc. Before I stop writing this blog, I imagine that I will have come to know Italians in almost every field possible, and probably at the top of them. I heard a really good explanation for that recently, but that is a topic for another post.

So getting back to Italians being at the top of their field, they also have a story to tell about how they got there. Some of the more funny stories, I must say, are of the Italians who didn't make it in one way or another. They will tell you why and who's fault it is and blame the world, and it can be comical if you just step out of the tragedy they are painting, and boy can they paint a tragedy.

In the same way, Italians can paint success and you can visualize each step that they took on the way there. Italians are great storytellers to begin with, and that might be a topic for another post too, but suffice it to say, oral traditions and being able to speak eloquently is something of which they are proud. I have always been amazed to listen to little children speak in Italy, so eloquent and with so much com and of the language and conversing skills.

Well, even though he was born in the States, Gene Egidio, has that skill, and from the looks of it, he is pretty close to being at the top of his field, a far out field, some people don't even know it exists, the field of energy healing.

Some people know energy healing exists and they just don't believe it. But all you have to do is hear Gene's amazing story and be near him and it might make a believer out of you. I am planning on interviewing Gene and have been in contact with his publicist Lindi Stoler about making that happen, and it will. In the meantime I went to hear him speak and tell his story.

AThe one that got me the most was the story of when he was just four years old or so. He tells how he lived in a walk-up back east and how he used to crawl up to an Italian man's apartment where he used to listen to the older man talk and watch him peel his pear and eat it, almost everyday.

Just listening to him describe the pear story, how he pealed it and how he ate it reminded me of my grandmother and how she peeled her pears and ate them. If that part of the story was interesting to me, just imagine when he gets to the part that the man one day cuts his thumb almost off and how Gene proceeds to heal him.

I will leave the rest of the story telling to Gene in a future interview but I wanted to at least blog about having been to his lecture and having been interested enough in what he has to say and offer the world to want to further my understanding of what he does, how he does it, and share it with you all.

He shares his story in workshops and in his books, to find out more about him visit www.egidio.org

As I look at these pictures Gene reminds me so much of one of my uncles. Of course, what Italian man of his age doesn't? This is true especially when I told him of my cooking show "Filippo and the Chef," we started talking about all the food he cooks. Forget about it, we instantly became related.

The pictures are self-explanatory since they only feature Gene in his fiery, energetic state in the first picture above to the other ones with me. And then there is Lindi, what can I say, look at her and you will know how sweet she is. It is hard to believe from her calm and centered personality that she is a big Hollywood mover and shaker, responsible for having helped the careers of the likes of Sylvester Stallone, Steven Spielberg, Kevin Costner, and Tony Robbins, to mention a few.

I think I am related to her too, even though she is not Italian, he, he.

I think I am related to everyone, including my Chinese family, and that is definitely a story for another post!

Ciao for now,

Filippo

P.S. When I first learned of "energy work" and "energy healing," it was from another Italian, in this case, the now Saint Padre Pio, only I didn't know it as energy work. I asked Gene if he knew of Padre Pio and he said of course, that they were buddies, so I don't know what he meant by that but I intend to find out. In the meantime, I thought this might be an appropriate time to show a video I found on Youtube.com on Padre Pio, in case you find this kind of thing interesting, of a lady that was cured by Padre Pio. (In English).

No comments: